Fuji Electric Industrial Applications
Exhaust Fans APPLICATION
In all areas which are difficult to reach or it takes a lot of time to evacuate people, exhaust fans are installed. As example: car tunnels, parking houses, Metro stations, public buildings etc. The main purpose of the drive is the control of the incoming air and the exhaust air.Depending on the tunnel manufactures, there are different systems and structures.
In normal cases, fans are controlled depending on CO-concentration (petrol driven vehicles) and visibility impairment (diesel powered vehicles). The control pulses are transmitted from separate measuring instruments for CO-concentration and visibility impairment. The drives help to ensure safe driving conditions in the tunnel by running the fans on demand, using information from sensors connected to an automation management system.When data from the sensors indicates that ventilation is needed, the fans at the tunnel openings start and increase speed gradually. If more ventilation is needed, the fans inside the tunnel also start, increasing the air movement through the tunnel.In the event of fire, the system is programmed to run all fans at full speed to evacuate the smoke from the tunnel by the shortest possible route.
- Fire mode (for smoke extraction)
Useful in case of a fire (evacuation mode). The drive ignores all inverters alarms, which usually causes a motor/fan stop and continues running until its destruction. Priority is to extract the smoke.
- Braking capability
In case of fire, the system can request to change the air flow from “suffixation” to “extraction”. In many specs, the time to perform this job is specified like “the system must be able to reverse the air flow within 30s”.
Between -10°C to +40°C or sometimes +50°C without derating on motor speed. There is also a special specification that says“certification for temperature up to +70°C”
- Output signals requirements of the Inverter
Inverter in alarm
Frequency speed arrival (FAR)
- Network Type
Mainly IT neutral system
- Safety feature
Sometimes “STO SIL 2”.
Ethernet IP or Profibus DP.
- Normative & Harmonics
Sometimes customer wants to have a THDi (%) at PCC lower than” 5%”. IEE519-1992 or following the local regulation
IP21 minimum, inverter is installed in a cabinet and then in an electrical room. Also, the distance between inverter and motor can be long : between some meters up to 500m.
FUJI ELECTRIC SOLUTION
Fuji has some different equipment depending on the amount of requirements; mainly all of requirements are fulfilled by FRENIC-HVAC and depending on some requirements like braking capability or even very low THD some other equipment can be added such as RHC(active front end).
ADVANTAGES OF FUJI ELECTRIC SOLUTION
- Powerful PID control built in the inverter (1 main PID, 2 gains set and 4 auxiliary PID).
- Automatic energy savings function, reaching higher energy savings’ rates at low speeds.
- 3 values of jump frequency select able, for avoiding mechanical resonance frequencies. Easy and fast tool integrated in inverter’s keypad to set these frequencies during commissioning.
- Flying start for pick up the speed of the fan in case of air influence over the fan. Also for running again the fan after non finished cost to stop.
- For FRENIC-HVAC, DC Reactor and EMC filter built-in up to 90kW(C2 supported, 2ndenvironment supported), EMC filter built-in 110kW to 710kW (C3 supported, 2ndenvironment).
- For FRENIC-HVAC, protective structure IP21 or IP55 can be selected with the model up to 90kW.
Overhead crane is a type of crane commonly found in industry. An overhead crane consists of parallel runways with a traveling bridge. A hoist, the lifting component of the crane, travels along the bridge.
They are commonly used in the refinement of steel and other metals such as copper and aluminum. At every step of the manufacturing process, until it leaves a factory as a finished product, metal is handled by an overhead crane. As other examples, they are also used in industries such as automobile industry to move raw material or paper mills for heavy cast iron paper drying drums maintenance.
Overhead cranes have two independent movements which are called trolley (for horizontal movements) and hoist (for vertical movements). Travel and hoist movement can be performed independently or combined. Especially critical is the hoisting movement, inverter requires a strong overload capability for handling without problem load during acceleration and deceleration.
Application example: Steel sheet factory
In the other hand, a good speed control accuracy and speed response is needed in order to, especially at very low speed, control the load. Most of the cases, in order to get the best precision at positioning, speed loop needs to be closed by means of an encoder. Crane must have different speeds in order to move fast along the factory, or slowly to position the load. Also maximum speed may be limited depending on the hoist load. Because load is moving upwards and downwards, motor is driving the load in up direction and braking the load in down direction. In case of braking condition, inverter which drives the motor must be able to burn the energy in a braking resistor. Also a regenerative unit is available in case that returning energy to the mains is needed
FUJI ELECTRIC SOLUTION
Fuji Electric has a full range of frequency inverter’s suitable for this application. Starting from the basic inverters, specially designed to move theload in vertical movements in open loop, such as FRENIC-Mini and FRENIC-Multi. And ending with the most performance inverters in the market called FRENIC-MEGA and FRENIC-VG, specially designed to move vertical loads in closed loop.
Depending on the requirements of overhead crane, and functions needed, different family of Fuji Electric products can be chosen. Different motor maps can be programmed in same inverter, in other words, an inverter can control up to four motors. In case that a single movement is performed by morethan one motor, Fuji Electric has a specific function called droop control. Droop control is balancing the load by modifying the speed of the motor. By means of this, inverter prevents that a motor is working against the other one.
ADVANTAGES OF FUJI ELECTRIC SOLUTION
• Full range from 0,4 kW up to 3 MW three phases 400VAC power supply.
• 200% overload during 3 seconds and 150% during 1 minute.
• Built-in EMC filter up to 630 kW compliant to industry standards.
• Built-in braking circuit up to 160 kW.
• Excellent vector control with speed sensor.
• Powerful dynamic torque vector control for open loop applications.
• For big capacities, stack type topology is available.
• Adaptable speed depending on the load function (load adaptive control).
• Up to four motor maps can be selectable in same inverter. Same inverter can control
up to four motors for different movements.
• Flux forcing function to pre-magnetize the motor.
• Braking control signal.
• Droop control function.
• Regenerative solution also available with an excellent efficiency and power factor.
• Compatible with most common field buses (T-link, SX and E-SX bus, PROFINET-IRT, PROFIBUS-DP, DeviceNet)
• Functional safety card certified according to safety standards.